- Detailed specifications for a set of standard modules that could be used to meet the needs of the majority of EMA requirements for different aircraft
- Three types of standard modules – PDE, Motors and Mechanics – used to build several actuator systems jointly specified and developed
- Model library – a step forward in EMA modelling. First library of its kind dedicated to aerospace EMAs; models created by experts in areas such as gearboxes, electric motors, roller and ball screws, sensors, and power electronics. Covers the most important physical effects for optimized design. Implements switchable component models for multi-level simulation.
- Control and monitoring – Improved EMA reliability and availability will be achieved through good design practice in combination with an integrated prognostic health and usage monitoring system. ACTUATION2015 has studied methods of detecting the onset of failures, with the objective of being able to identify the need for maintenance actions before failures occur to minimise the possibility of in-flight failures.
- The concept of modular standard components
- applicable to several actuator systems (primary and secondary flight control, high lift, landing gear, thrust reverser and cargo doors),
- scalable for application to different types of systems and aircraft (from helicopters to business and regional aircraft up to large commercial aircraft)
- providing credit for certification:
- Qualification methods
- Data base on components technologies and processes
- Low cost and mature actuation technology for several actuator systems starting with flight control – the core of the systems aircraft architecture
- The overall weight, operational reliability, installation and maintenance benefit at a global level of electrical actuation solution
Demonstrators for validation at actuator level
MULTI-Level Model Library